As the calendar inches closer to Halloween, Canton Leisure Services is presenting plenty of enjoyable and engaging activities and events to experience the fun of the season.
- On Friday, September 30, Howl at the Moon will be held from 6-8 p.m. at the Canton Dog Park located on Denton Road north of Cherry Hill Road. Dog-owners along with their four-legged friends can enjoy live entertainment, purchase merchandise, and receive free give-a-ways from local pet supply and service vendors. Make sure to dress up with your pup to enter our costume contest with prizes! Both members of the Dog Park and non-members are invited to let their dogs experience this off-leash dog park during this FREE event. All non-dog park members must show proof of up-to-date vaccination for Rabies, Bordetella, and DHLPP, signed by an accredited veterinarian to attend. No pre-registration is required
- On Saturday, October 8, Carpool Cinema will feature “Coco” (Rated PG) at Independence Park, located at 1898 Denton Road. The movie will begin at 7:30 p.m., but be sure to come as early as 5:30 p.m. to participate in a car decorating contest, costume contest, and the chance to learn the dance moves to “Thriller” on the big screen. Pre-registration is required. Per car fees are $11 for Canton residents and $14 for non-residents.
- Spots are still open for Pumpkin Patch in the Pool on Friday, October 14, at the Summit on the Park Aquatic Center, which offers a fun twist on the tradition of pumpkin picking. Additional fun activities will also be available during the two timeslots: 5 p.m. and 6:45 p.m., where participants can hunt for the perfect pumpkin and then decorate it at one of our many decorating stations. Those registered and their families can enjoy apple cider, and doughnuts and the pool will be open for Open Swim immediately following the event. Participation fees are $15 for Summit Members, $18 for Canton Residents and $23 for Non-Residents. Registration is only required if you plan on taking home a pumpkin. For more information, call 734/394-5460 or visit www.summitonthepark.org.
- On Saturday, October 15, Canton’s Boo Bash offers a safe and supervised Halloween party for ages 7-12 that will feature a costume contest, pizza dinner, and lots of spooky fun from 3-5 p.m., in the Summit on the Park Banquet Center, located at 46000 Summit Parkway. Pre-registration is required. Fees are $20 for Canton residents and $26 for non-residents.
- The 21 and over crowd is invited to attend a special Monster Mash Halloween Party on Saturday, October 15 from 7:30-10:30 p.m., at The Village Theater at Cherry Hill, located at 50400 Cherry Hill Road. This adult Halloween Party will feature a costume contest, pumpkin carving contest (must be pre-carved to enter), games, cash bar, all to the live soundtrack of Atomic Radio performing top 40 and Halloween hits. Tickets are now on sale for $15 for Canton residents and $20 for non-residents online at www.cantonvillagetheater.org, by calling 734/394-5300.
- Trick or Treat Story Trail returns on Thursday, October 27. Dress up in your costumes and join Canton Leisure Services, The Canton Public Library, and Canton Public Safety in Heritage Park for Trick or Treating along our story trail from 4-9 p.m. Participants of all ages will enjoy our featured story. Pre-registration is required for all children regardless of age. Per trick or treater fees are $10 for Canton residents and $13 for non-residents. For additional information or to register, visit www.cantonfun.org/register.
- The Village Arts Factory, in partnership with Canton Leisure Services, is excited to offer a Kids Halloween Stroll at the Village Arts Factory on Saturday, October 29, from 5-9 p.m. with games, music, treats, decorations, and costumes! In addition, a sensory-friendly timeslot will be held from 5-6 p.m. Trick or Treaters will travel from studio to studio on their stroll visiting fun interactive stations located throughout the warehouse building, located at 50755 Cherry Hill Road. This event is geared toward younger trick or treaters ages 12 and under, with festive seasonal music and decorations and nothing scary. All participants are encouraged to wear costumes. Pre-registration is required. Tickets are $5 and are available online at www.cantonfun.org.
Tickets for most of these spooktacular events are available at www.cantonfun.org/register. For additional information, visit www.cantonfun.org or call 734/394-5460.