While many government services have been altered or postponed to prevent the spread of Coronavirus, sanitation workers continue to provide waste and recycling services. Please follow these simple guidelines to keep our community safe.
- Bag and securely tie all trash, including latex gloves and sanitizing wipes (never flush them!).
- Empty all food and liquids from containers before recycling.
- Keep recyclables loose when placing them in carts or bins.
- Disinfect handles and lids on recycling and trash containers before and after collection.
Trash collection route MAP
Opens a New Window. GFL operates on a five-day collection schedule. To view your collection day, visit our interactive map of the new collection schedule. Opens a New Window.
All refuse, recycling, and yard waste questions and concerns should be directed to Green for Life (GFL) Environmental USA Inc., at 844/464-3587. If after speaking to GFL and your concern is not resolved, please call Public Works at 734/397-1011 ext 0.
Please review the GFL Collection Guidelines Opens in New Window for more information.
GFL is open on scheduled Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. for recycling and Canton Clean-up. Please see Canton Clean-up Guidelines (PDF) Opens a New Window. for acceptable items.
Please prepare all materials properly for speedy, efficient pickup. Proper packaging will help to cut costs to residents and reduce injury to the sanitation workers. Thank you for your cooperation.
Single Stream Recycling
GFL Environmental USA Inc. offers single stream curbside recycling (SSR) to all residents. SSR is more efficient and allows residents to recycle more products with less effort. Canton would like to thank all residents for helping to conserve our precious natural resources.
Simple Recycling is a for-profit recycler committed to offering residents the easiest way to keep usable materials from the landfill. The program is free of charge and simple to use. View a complete list of what will be accepted.
Dates to Remember
- Holiday Tree Collection: First two weeks of January
- Yard Waste Pickup: April 6 through December 18
- No collection on Thursday, November 26. All Friday and Saturday collections will be delayed one day that week.
- No collection on Friday, December 25. All Friday collections will be done on Saturday, December 26.
- No collection on Friday, January 1. All Friday collections will be done on Saturday, January 2.