Canton Road Improvement Program
Canton Township is excited to begin the second year of repairs to the roads in our community using the funding from the approved Road Millage. The intent of the Canton Road Improvement Program is to provide flexibility year-to-year to match revenues from the millage to the prioritize projects.
2020 PRIMARY ROAD PROJECTS
Updated December 1 - The following is a list of Major Road Projects completed in 2020:
- Canton Center Road/ Warren Road: This project included repairing the entire intersection as well as approximately 1,000 feet of Canton Center north of the intersection.
- Haggerty Road: Project included base repairs between Hanford to Warren Roads.
- Haggerty Road: Project included base repairs Palmer Road to Michigan Avenue.
Projects under consideration for 2021-2022 include:
- Haggerty Road: Michigan Ave to Van Born
- Haggerty Road: Van Born Road to Michigan Avenue
- Sheldon Road: Yost Road to Michigan Avenue
- Canton Center Road: Cherry Hill to Ford Roads
- Sheldon Road: Cherry Hill to Ford Roads
- Lilley Road: Michigan Avenue to Palmer Road
- Lotz Road: Michigan Avenue to Palmer Road
PLEASE NOTE: These projects are subject to funding and Wayne County’s construction schedule.
2020 Local County Subdivision Roads
29 subdivisions applied for and were chosen to take part in the local match program. Construction on the following subdivisions will take place in 2020 and 2021:
- Royal Pointe - Construction Complete
- Hidden River Estates - Construction Complete
- Huntington Place II - Construction Complete
- Savannah Pointe - Construction Complete
- Stonegate - Construction Complete
- Canton Country Acres - Construction Complete
- Kimberly Meadows - Construction Complete
- Windsor Park - Construction Complete
- Northwoods Place -Construction Complete
- Fairways West - Construction Complete
- Franklin-Palmer - Construction Complete
- Forestbrook - Construction Complete
- Fifth Brookside -Construction Complete
- Sunflower Village - Construction Complete
- Pickwick Village - Construction Complete
- Buckingham Place - Construction Complete
- Willow Homes
- Wilshire Estates
- Century Farms
- Glengarry Village I
- Central Park II
- Nowland Estates
- Pheasant Woods
- Salem Manor
- Central Park I
- Mayfair Village
- Cobblestone Ridge
- Woodwind Estates
- Cherry Knoll
The 2021 program is already filled however Homeowner Associations and other interested resident groups who wish to participated in the 2022 program can call Canton's Engineering Services Division at 394-5150.
The Ford Road Boulevard project is also moving forward. MDOT has awarded the contract to for the Design Consultant. Public meetings on the project will begin later this year. Information will be posted on the MODT website as it becomes available.
What about the potholes?
Funds generated from the road millage will not be going toward routine County or State maintenance activities (i.e. the filling of potholes, snowplowing, etc.). That work will continue to be done by Wayne County. The millage funds will be used for very specific capital projects, the tentative list of which for 2019 can be seen here.
Additionally, the millage increase will appear on December tax bills, which means funds will not be available until January at the earliest. Residents can expect some projects to begin in the spring of 2019.
Calculate Your Estimated Additional Cost
To determine your estimated additional cost of this Road Millage, multiply your home's taxable value by .00145.
Enter your home's taxable value: $